What we are going to talk about
Democracy is the operative word in a joint activity organised by the European Parliament Liaison Office in Valletta and Eurovoters, this Thursday at 13:00.
Eurovoters is an Erasmus project, that looks at ways in which young voters can be better prepared by being trained on issues of media literacy, socio-emotional literacy and social justice literacy.
This is a timely topic to discuss within the context of the recently-launched Conference on the Future of Europe, where "Democracy" features as one of the topics identified for discussion on the CFOE multilingual platform. This platform is open to everyone and participation from Malta is strong.
The event is of interest to educators, youth leaders and advocacy groups in particular. The general public is welcome too. Due to COVID restrictions, places at the venue are limited. Interested persons should register at the link below: https://forms.gle/sfx34wWGNSbwN5cM8
It will also be streamed live on the Facebook pages of all organisers for participants to be able to tune in remotely.
- Dr Mario Sammut, Head of EPLO Valletta
- Ms Ingrid Godkin, Cabinet of Vice-President Dubravka Šuica
- Prof. Panayiotis Angelides, Professor of Inclusion for School Improvement, University of Nicosia
- Mr Louis Debono. De la Salle College
- Mr Antoine Gambin, VisMedNet Association